Environmental Learning is education…
about the environment,
in the environment, and
for the environment.
With the goal of integrating environmental thinking and ideas into learner’s everyday lives.
Environmental Learning promotes:
- integrating science and social sciences with a multi-disciplinary approach
- learning about the Earth’s ecosystems
- identifying our individual and cultural values
- making informed and responsible choices
- critiquing societal and industrial practices that contribute to environmental problems
Environmental learning can take place just about anywhere – from the formal kindergarten to grade 12 school systems to the informal learning environments, such as nature centers, parks, environmental programs, zoos or aquariums, and much more.